Speaker: Thomas Owsley, LMFT, LPC
When: Friday February 24, 2023
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Where: Zoom Meeting, link will be emailed to you day before
Cost: $40.00 for FBPA Members, click here to register.
$50 for NonMembers , click here to register
$10 for students, click here to register
Credit: 3.0 hrs
● Gain a better understanding of language/vocabulary associated with the LGBTQ+ population
● Discuss the impact of LGBTQ+ identity and minority stress on mental health
● Identify general practices of creating safe, affirming spaces for LGBTQ+ clients
● Discuss the basis of an adopting an LGBTQ+ affirming therapeutic stance and interventions with clients
● Gain knowledge on where to access additional resources and tools for practicing with LGBTQ+ clients
Thomas Owsley, MA, LMFT, LPC (pronouns: they/them) is the LIFE Counseling Program Coordinator at the Montrose Center in Houston, TX, where they supervise the general counseling, Hatch Youth, and clinical internship programs. They are passionate in their work to provide client-centered, nonjudgmental, empathetic, and empowering counseling services to the LGBTQ+ population, monogamous and consensual nonmonogamous relationships, and diverse families. They provide training and consultation on topics including LGBTQ+ affirmative practices, sexual health, and relational counseling. Thomas is a graduate from the Master of Arts in Family Therapy program at University of Houston-Clear Lake in 2013. Thomas was voted Best Nonbinary Mental Health Therapist by the OutSmart Gayest & Greatest Readers’ Choice Awards.
Copyright © 2023 Fort Bend Psychological Association - All Rights Reserved.