Speaker: Kathryn H. Gordon, Ph.D., LP
When: Friday, October 21, 2022
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Where: Zoom Meeting, link will be emailed to you day before
Cost: $40.00 for FBPA Members, click here to register.
$50 for NonMembers , click here to register
$10 for students, click here to register
Registration will be closed on Wednesday, October 19 at 6:00pm. Thank you!
Credit: 3.0 hrs
● Learn about the three-step theory of suicide.
● Learn strategies for ethical, effective suicide risk assessments with patients.
● Learn to formulate a safety plan for patients with suicidal thoughts.
● Learn therapy tools that help patients to soothe emotional pain and distress.
● Learn about ethical interventions that can increase hope and build meaning in the face of suffering.
Kathryn H. Gordon is a licensed clinical psychologist and the author of The Suicidal Thoughts Workbook: CBT Skills to Reduce Emotional Pain, Increase Hope, and Prevent Suicide. Prior to working as a therapist, Dr. Gordon was a professor for ten years, where she taught psychopathology and therapy-related courses. She is also a mental health researcher who has published more than eighty scientific articles and book chapters on suicidal behavior, disordered eating, and related topics.
Copyright © 2022 Fort Bend Psychological Association - All Rights Reserved.